Practices of Ecosexuality and Sex-Positive Education: Symposium Too
Prácticas de Ecosexualidad y la Educación al Sexo Positivo: Simposio Dos
CALL FOR PROPOSALS – CONVOCATORIA
OPEN NOW – Expires Nov 30, 2016
• What is #Ecosexuality?
• What is #Sex-Positive #Education?
• Where #Ecosexual #Health and #Love an #Sex-Positive #Education converge?
• How can the #EcosexualMovement and the #Sex-PositiveMovement help us co-create abundant ecosexual health, expression, and love?
• What is the transformative potential of these practices for our ecosystems, our regions, ourselves, and the partner we all share: the Earth?
• How can we bring their excitement and effervescence into our lives, communities, learning practices, and academic discourse?
A bilingual event – Un evento bulingüe
Deseas experimentar el simposio de manera mas profunda? Solicita unirte a nuestro equipo bilingüe
Want to experience the Symposium more deeply? Ask to join our bilingual team
These and more questions will be addressed in three days of symposium activities designed to offer a diversity of participating options.
Suggested topics include:
Ecosex, Sex-Positive Ed, and any or all of the following:
Health, diversity, consent, ecology, intersectionality, amorous behavior, relationships, fluidity, inclusiveness, genders, orientations, colonialism, nature, science, the internet, sex work, the adult industry.
Welcome contributions include:
Panels, videos, keynotes, films, dialogues, staged readings, book presentation, poems, songs, workshops, and more.
ANNEX TO THE CAFETERIA (aka SALON TARZAN), RUM, FEB 1-3 – 10 AM – 8 PM
Followed by TE AMO PLAYA AZUL THREE and visits to local initiatives on Feb 4-5
Symposium Too is based on Ecosexuality: When Nature Inspires The Arts of Love, Serena Anderlini and Lindsay Hagamen eds. The first world-wide collection of writings on this topic, the book brings together the voices of 30 leaders to converge the multiple energies of the ecosexual movement.
Ecosexuality and Sex-Positivity are global and local movements. We welcome contributors from anywhere they might come. Welcome to Western Puerto Rico, a nature’s paradise in the dry season of February. We support you in enjoying a fun, healthy stay. We regret that we cannot cover travel, accommodation, or ground transportation expenses. We strongly encourage donations that will help us cover homemade meals, tasty and healthy. We will connect you with our generous and helpful welcome team!
Wonder what’s #Ecosexuality, what’s #Sex-Positive #Education? No mystery. Here are some taglines for inspiration:
• The Sex-Positive Movement embraces sexual diversity and expression and emphasizes safe sex and consent. It advocates education to sex and has its roots in the work of Wilhelm Reich.
• Ecosexuals envision the Earth as a lover and Eros as the untapped renewable energy of our time.
• Ecosexuality is the cultural practice that enables our species to reconnect our metabolism to the metabolism of the Earth.
• Ecosexual Love reaches beyond genders, numbers, orientations, ages, races, origins, species, and biological realms, to embrace all of life as a partner with equal rights.
• Make love is the ecology of your life. Love the Earth you make love on.
Abstracts and bios to firstname.lastname@example.org. Keep the total under 500 words. November 30 very last day. Make sure you use your favorite language.
This event is part of the multi-clustered project Islas Maravillas: Ecosexuality Education and Extensive Research at UPRM. Interested? Ask us about it.
Lodging and travel info posted to Facebook event, here.
DOWNLOAD the CALL for PROPOSALS here.
Be part of the project! We look forward to your enthusiasm and participation.
The Symposium is now also a CURSO CORTO that students at UPRM can take for one credit.
To view and download the course flier go here.
Student will need an enrollment sheet pre-signed by the Director of Humanities.
To view and download the Hoja de Matricula Prefirmada go here.
We hope to see you all at the symposium and course.