Annie Sprinkle and Beth Stephens Ecosexual Calendar in NYC: June 12-15, A Don’t Miss!
Dear NY Friends & Colleagues,
We are going to NYC! It would be nice to connect with YOU. Perhaps you can attend something we are doing. Our schedule is very full for this trip, we are there together just six days, and probably can’t add more activities with friends and colleagues at this point. We are mainly coming for Veronica Vera’s wedding. But we’ll be back through NY in September– if all goes according to plans. Just for visiting.
Hope to see you.
1. June 12th, Club 90 Reunion at MOSEX
2. June 13th, ASSUMING THE ECOSEXUAL POSITION A performative visiting artist lecture, slideshow & tell.Beth and I present the work we have been doing in ecosexuality and environmental activism and more. MOSEX.
3. June 14th, ASSUMING THE ECOSEXUAL POSITION A performative visiting artist lecture, slideshow & tell. Grace Exhibition Space in Brooklyn
4. June 15th, LET’S GET DIRTY! A naked performance in a bed of dirt with several other artists. Grace Space in Brooklyn
1. Veronica Vera, Candida Royalle, Veronica Hart, Gloria Leonard and Annie Sprinkle, FF Alumns, at Museum of Sex’s F*ck Art Gallery, NYC, Tuesday, June 12.
NYC’S GOLDEN GIRLS OF PORN: MOSEX HOSTS A REUNION OF THE WORLD’S FIRST PORN STAR SUPPORT GROUPs
Five adult film stars from the “Golden Age of Porn”: Veronica Hart, Gloria Leonard, Candida Royalle, Annie Sprinkle and Veronica Vera were the original “Sex and the City” girls. Turning to one another for the support they needed to navigate their way through life after blue movies, these dynamic women created “Club 90” in 1983, forming a bond that would continue for nearly thirty years. They went on to pursue their personal goals, and in the process, blazed new trails in the fields of human sexuality, women’s empowerment, erotic expression, and free speech. Come get a taste of the good old days when NYC was America’s sex film capital, movies were shot on 35mm film, and Times Square was x-rated! And most of all, come share the laughs, the drama & the intimate stories of this controversial support group. This rare reunion promises to be candid, informative and electric!
When: Tuesday, June 12th, 2012 @ 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Where: MOSEX’s OralFix Bar, 233 5th Ave, New York, NY 10016
2. Annie Sprinkle & Beth Stephens at Museum of Sex’s F*ck Art Gallery, NYC, Wednesday, June 13. 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm.
ASSUMING THE ECOSEXUAL POSITION A performative visiting artist lecture, slideshow & tell with Annie Sprinkle & Beth Stephens
What happens when two city girls embrace the Earth as their lover? They get real dirty! Then they marry the Earth, Sky, Sea, Rocks, Sun, and more, in a series of performance art weddings? Stephens & Sprinkle have developed “SexEcology,” a new field of research which explores the places where sexology and ecology intersect. Learn 25 ways to make love with the Earth, how to find your e-spot, and why mysophilia, arboreal frottage and pollen-amory are so deeply satisfying. These ‘grrrrls gone green’ make experimental theater, visual art, video, and lead ecosex walking tours & workshops. Once you know more about the budding ecosex movement, you just might discover you are an ecosexual too.
Elizabeth Stephens is an artist, professor at UCSC, and filmmaker. Her new film, Goodbye Gauley Mountain—An Ecosexual Love Story, makes the environmental activist movement more sexy, fun and diverse. Annie Sprinkle was a prostitute and porn star for twenty years. She became a pivotal player in the sex positive feminist movement, an internationally known performance artist, and the first porn star to earn a Ph.D. Sprinkle and Stephens have been living and working together for twelve fertile years. For more about Beth & Annie’s work, www.sexecology.org
Tickets are at http://museum.museumofsex.
com/ai1ec_event/assuming-the- ecosexual-position-with-annie- sprinkle-elizabeth-stephens/? instance_id=5403
3. Annie Sprinkle & Beth Stephens performance at Grace Performance Space in Brooklyn, June 14th and 15th. ASSUMING THE ECOSEXUAL POSITION–An ecosexual love story. A performative visiting artist lecture, slideshow & tell with Annie Sprinkle & Beth Stephens. (See above description.) June 14th.
4. LET’S GET DIRTY! This is in Brooklyn. We’ll do a naked performance in a bed of dirt. An ecosexual cuddle, with some films, and other artists doing stuff. We have to see the space to figure it all out. Grace Exhibition Space is a hot bed of performance art. Or in our case, a dirty bed. June 15th. 9:00 pm until 11:00 pm
Grace Exhibition Space, 840 Broadway, 2nd floor, Brooklyn, NY 11206.
Please follow and like us: